Information about booking during COVID-19
The Levele 1 Vibration Analysis course is the ideal starting place for new vibration analysts, people collecting vibration data, and those who want a better understanding of vibration analysis and condition monitoring. If you are ready to get started in vibration analysis and condition monitoring, this course is for you. You will come away with a solid understanding of why we monitor the condition of rotating machinery (and other critical assets), the importance of improved reliability, and how vibration can be successfully measured and analyzed to provide an early warning of a wide range of fault conditions. You won’t come away as an expert; that’s what our more advanced courses are for.
Mobius makes learning about vibration analysis unique. Mobius use 3D animations, simulations, and numerous software simulators that completely demystify vibration analysis. While vibration training courses have traditionally been very theoretical, difficult to understand, you will be captivated by the Mobius training methods, and you will enjoy our practical approach. You will take away skills that you can immediately apply to your job, and you will truly understand what you are doing.
You will come away from the course with a solid understanding of:
• The benefits of performing condition monitoring and improving reliability
• The condition monitoring technologies: acoustic emission, infrared analysis (thermography), oil
analysis, wear particle analysis, motor testing
• How machines work – via supplementary self-study using the “Equipment Knowledge” section
• How vibration measurements can tell you about the condition of the machine
• How to collect good, repeatable measurements
• What the Fmax, resolution, averaging and other analyser settings mean
• How to analyse vibration spectra, and the basics of fault diagnosis: unbalance, misalignment, looseness, rolling element bearings faults, resonance, and other conditions
• An introduction to setting alarm limits
Online learning. Registered students are given access to the Mobius Institute Learning Management System for a period of six months to provide ample time to learn the material and prepare for the optional certification examination.
Course duration: 30 hours of training
What do I receive for this training?
The online learning course includes six months of access to the Mobius Learning Management System (LMS) where you are provided with the complete course content, carefully explained and demonstrated onscreen.
Other options available for purchase to support your online learning are:
• Hard copy training materials
• Mobuis Institute Certification Exam
• “Lifelong Learning” single-user access
Please contact us for a quote on these items.
You will come away from this course with a very good understanding of vibration analysis fundamentals, you will understand how to take good measurements, and you will be ready to begin analyzing vibration spectra.
• Maintenance practices
• Condition monitoring
• Principles of vibration
• Introduction to vibration measurement
• An introduction to the time waveform
• An introduction to the spectrum
• An introduction to forcing frequencies
• Explaining the different vibration units
• A brief introduction to phase
• Data acquisition
• A quick review of data acquisition
• How do we measure vibration?
• Where to place the sensor on the machine
• Understanding axial, radial, vertical, and horizontal readings
• A quick introduction to mounting the accelerometer and surface preparation
• Naming conventions
• What are “routes” and how do you create them?
• Signal processing
• A quick tour of your analyzer
• Spectral averaging
• Vibration analysis
• The spectrum analysis process
• What is resonance – a quick introduction
• Diagnosing common fault conditions
• Setting alarm limits
Prior experience is not required for attending the training course, but 6 months of experience is required for certification.
All Mobius certified analysts receive personalized logos with their certification number and name for their own professional use. Mobius Institute also maintains a listing of all certified analysts on their website and provides each analyst with a certification confirmation webpage.
• People relatively new to vibration analysis
• People that are or will be collecting vibration data
• People that are or will be analyzing vibration data
• People who wish to develop their skills in the field of machine condition and vibration analysis
• People seeking to become certified to international standards (ISO-18436) by an accredited certification body
PLEASE NOTE: FREIGHT CHARGES APPLY FOR SHIPMENT OF MATERIALS FOR THOSE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE USA OR AUSTRALIA.